Advice From Replays

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kappa

I would appreciate if anyone took a look at these and gave feedback. I have been working on learning and saving some of my better replays. I am not very consistent tho and still have lots to learn. Thanks for anyone’s time!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Kappa.
      7years
      Participant

here are some thoughts on the lod replay, putting aside the fact that the other players seemed to be pretty clueless:

-you had a great roll for both yolo and hold.
        -in most cases it is better to go for the hard yolo, unless you desperately need a hold on 7 or you want to cash in on a freehold (freehold makes perfect sense if you are sure the enemy team wont send 7, for instance cause you scouted their king).
        -in general fast push makes you fatter in the long run (lvl 10+) and gives your team more options because you have more wood to send and up king. you can almost never go wrong with a good yolo build, whereas fail hold build can be huge tk. and even a hold build that works well is often suboptimal to good yolo.
        -in this game i wouldve clearly gone for the push since you had immola, your teammates had hold rolls and stayed low, and because enemy team didnt send 5.
        -ideal push build imo: lod+headhunter+alpha male for lvl 5 (600 value), up another alpha for 6 (740 value is pretty ob for lod on lvl 6, but in your case it would make sense, since you needed some ob on 6 anyway with your adds and 2 alpha would give you a few more kills on 7)
        -save some gold on 7 to get hades or 2nd lod for 8. hades is ideal because it sets up a perfect anti 10 build with hades + alphas + soul of villain.

so my advice would be to just try to maximize your push to the limit every single game, even if you are tempted to go for the more comfortable hold build. sure it will fail sometimes, but that way you will learn way more and improve your game much faster. the key to becoming a strong ltd player is to know the minimum value needed to hold a level with any given set of towers.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by 7years.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The topic ‘Advice From Replays’ is closed to new replies.
      Donate
      Clan FBG Events
      May 2024
      M T W T F S S