Another tactic-build-call-advice channel for FBG

First Blood Gaming Forums Leagues Legion Tower Defense Legion TD League (FBG LTD) General Another tactic-build-call-advice channel for FBG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Quail
    Participant

Hi,

despite the chat channel we already have, I would highly recommand to do another channel for only tactic related topics.

In chat many things get lost due to “useless chat” things, which is totally fine cause its a chat (if you dont tag people there, questions and stuff is lost after 1h) 🙂 And if such a new channel would be implemented, should be really dealt on topic and focused.

However if people have questions about their tactics, builds etc. I deeply think another channel there would be really cool, specially for “new” players from ENT or Trials in general, but in the end for everybody.

See ya

MonkeyTown
      Participant

IMO There are two goals of FBG LTD:
        1: Increase players & Community
        2: Create a competitive environment with fun games.

In my experience it is hard for new players to fit in the league, but it is also quite hard for players who wanna reach #1 to play with those trials. For that reason it might be interesting to create a buddy system.

Who can be a buddy?
        I think the top elo players in FBG LTD are skilled enough to be a buddy or the players who have +100 games.

What is the idea?
        A new trial player gets a personal buddy from FBG LTD. The buddy helps him around and gives him personal feedback to let the new player adjust to the league.

Period of a trial:
        The period of a trial should be 1 month. If a new player cant learn anything skillwise or behaviour wise the trial can try again in a while.

Analyzing and Feedback:
        Maybe there is an excel sheet or a word document that buddy’s can use to fill in to analyse the trial’s behaviour and skills. I think the buddy needs to fill this document in for 3 games. On factors like
        Skill: Builds, calls, king control
        Behaviour: Willingness to learn, attitude, communication

Denials:
        If new players are denied, they can place a vouch request in fbg if they want to join and try again.

Let me know if i can help.

Tin
        Participant

This makes everything more labour intensive, way more complicated, and super micro-managey and will just turn new ‘casual’ players off.

Additionally, the feedback channel is to help mods (who make the decision if someone is worthy) get an idea of a player’s strengths and issues since they cannot be around to watch every game.

Also you are putting way too much focus on “ppl who wanna be #1”. The league isn’t meant to be a supporting cast for players who want to win elo.

Quail
          Participant

The idea from monkey and his buddy system sounds really nice to me. Just cut of the part after “What is the idea?”

It definitly makes everythin complicated and excel sheets or sth is just over the op imo.

Still the idea of “buddies” is really cool, also for admins. For instance when there is trouble with a trial or vice versa people give positive feedback a admin could ask the buddy, hey what u think about that or that etc. Maybe we should do a poll or sth to see if people would be ready to do sth like that. I have 5 people already in mind who would be a buddy or call it whatever u want.

In addition it strenghtens ties between players and in the end all will benefit from it. Fbg Buddies “learn” to give constructive criticism and might better understand the way to gain some kill, and vice versa the trial buddies are not thrown into the devils pit and have a safety row to always ask for help or whatever issues might occur.

Me for myself would be happy to do that aswell

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Quail.
            MonkeyTown
            Participant

Whaha @tin

Please name 1 league worldwide that is played without rankings. Please don’t talk that elo isnt a thing. ELO makes it fun and gives players a Goal to reach. It can be number 1 or top 15, but people try to set goals for themselves and try to reach it.

And people can still play casual but they ofcourse need a lvl of skill so everyone can be happy about it.

Imagine u being in a game when u want to win but u see braindead builds and calls. Would u stay quiet and let it all happen or would you start to micromanage in that game?

Ive seen games where people micromanage, including me cuz i want to help players out. But what about preparing the new players where situations as micro management happens?

If i was a newb and got a chance to play somewhere. I would be happy if a buddy helped me out, maybe more work. But it also creates a more positive environment. U just make players also help community. It also lowers toxicity to the administrators. As far i’m informed, many administratos have left the scene cuz of the toxicity in the community.

Who decides now if a trial is accepted or not? Maybe some moderators but also some administrators right? Well, how do u know if the current administrators have the skill insight to make those decisions? I was told that skill level on administrators isnt needed but if u have a trial system like lihl that factor is definitely important.

Well it is just an idea what can be fine tuned.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Donate
            Clan FBG Events
            May 2024
            M T W T F S S