Ban Appeal – GoldenPants

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    goldenpants
    Participant

Your Warcraft III username: GoldenPants
      Ban reason: smurfing
      Why you should be unbanned: For smurfing in FBG, I broke the rule and have no excuse for it. My reasoning is sometimes I just want to play a chill game without having to be the primary caller then the account somehow hit 1200 and I made a childish decision to apply for LIHL without thinking of the consequences or what the move’s implication would be to the LIHL community. I explained the reasoning for my application to the mods, altho it’s a strange reason and hard to believe, it is an honest reason from me. I have no intention to cheat or smurf in LIHL or mean any disrespect to the community as there’s no reason to smurf as I dont have drama or planning to dodge anyone.

Im genuinely sorry for what I did and will take the ban as long as you deem fitting. I just want to ask for forgiveness from LIHL and FBG community and hope you will allow me to stay in the LIHL community and perhaps some leniency on my ban duration so I may compete before the FBG season is over. I have mucho shame about the incident so some specific details are left out but if anyone wants to discuss, feel free to DM me. Thanks for your time

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by goldenpants.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by goldenpants.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Hyo.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Hyo.
      eld3r
      Participant

It’s a mistake he did, but i guess we all learnt from this. We never had such a case like this but people are aware of the consequences now after this Topic/and the ban duration. I think golden didnt even know what he actually did, but for my opinion, he is a very good boy, who made a mistake, but at the end, he didnt damage anybody. Nothing happened actually. Forgive this good boy, we are all human who can do mistakes. And since we are a small community lets stick together and try to forgive this stupid action. You should also take into account, that this boy spend hundreds or even thousands of hours in FBG without doing anything wrong.

#Free GP

Speedyrowky
        Participant

Agree with eld, don’t even think he did on purpose. I don’t think making him a “bouc emissaire” (scapegoat?) is necessary. Mb just warn him for 1week and write a message to everyone of the community regarding smurf. Even if now its FBG, and we have to respect rules, Golden is one of those guyz who never get banned. Maybe just take out the yellow card, and not the red one !

Definitly Free GP

Regards,

hal9k

We will discuss the ban appeal of course, but just wanted to make it clear that we already made an announcement which clarified that smurfs and main accounts would be banned if caught (and he reacted to it).

Hyo

So, let’s clear a few things here (while this is being discussed internally):

-> It was announced in the rules, from the beginning, that everyone was allowed 1 account per player (You’re allowed to change your battletag, and rename ur discord account- meaning you still keep 1 account per player), but if that’s not clear, we made a 2nd announcement on 10th June 2021 regarding this again (to which GoldenPants reacted – meaning he was (or should be) aware of this):

The account itself was trialed in March (You were already breaking the rules here, since you were playing with 2 accounts) – and you could have stopped in June (when the 2nd announcement is done), yet you dind’t.

-> For those claiming he’s a “scapegoat”, he’s not – Previous members that were found using a 2nd account were banned for far longer (cause they also used the account to dodge – such as soul-r, meinert, etc.), so while GoldenPants dind’t use the account to dodge any ban, he did smurf in 1 league (and attempted to smurf in the 2nd one).

-> You basically wasted our mods time in reviewing a Smurf (cause as you’re aware, mods have to review replays/feedback/etc. to vouch players for FBG/LIHL).

goldenpants
              Participant

I won’t argue with any points Hyo brought up. I broke the rule and take responsibility. Elder and Speedy posted voluntarily(Thank you guys). I did not request them to support my case or trying to start any movement.

The appeal is mainly a confession to the community and plee for some reduction in the penalty if possible. Im sorry for wasting everyones time

Tin
                Participant

No matter how lightly you want to make it seem, you knowingly broke a rule. Not only that, but smurfing in an in-house league is not only disgraceful but insulting to all the players who come to LIHL for a competitive environment.

There are way more impacts to your actions than you might think, and I have no intention of showing you any leniency.

1. Both FBG LTD and LIHL are competitive leagues. By creating a smurf (as a LIHL player, and a top FBG LTD player) you ruin the integrity of autobalance. This is unfair to every other player in the lobbies you play. You did this for months on your smurf account in FBG LTD.

2. You were clearly aware smurfing is not allowed. There was an announcement made… and you reacted to it. Feigning ignorance here is not helping your cause, in fact makes it worse.

3. You had the audacity to apply for LIHL under a smurf account. I don’t buy the logic of “i enjoy replay analysis” because you can ask anyone any time to analyze your replays. Had your smurf made it into lihl, make no mistake you would have been removed from the league. The fact that as a newly vouched player you thought it was okay to break one of the “big 3” rules (maphacking, ban dodge, smurfing) is just disgusting.

4. Most importantly, by showing you any leniency here we would promote other players from trying the same thing. Therefore, the punishment must match the crime.

I am speaking only from LIHL perspective and from the LIHL admin team. FBG LTD Admins may have different conclusions, but in LIHL your ban duration will remain.

Hyo

Agree with what was said above – and considering we found this recently: https://wc3stats.com/games/133448 (2 accounts in 1 game, in different teams – possible multibox or sharing accs), there’s no further need to discuss this.

Ban appeal denied (duration will be served in full)

Processing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The topic ‘Ban Appeal – GoldenPants’ is closed to new replies.
                  Donate
                  Clan FBG Events
                  May 2024
                  M T W T F S S