Game Veto’d because of reading

First Blood Gaming Forums Leagues Defense of the Ancients Polls/Voting Archive Game Veto’d because of reading

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shadow
    Participant

Hi admin team, on March 22, 2022 at 2am an inhouse game finished. The game was played for an hour duration and was a chaotic sequences of back and forth events until eventually my team (scourge) was victorious. To start the game was going sideways for us and sentinel seemed to have the upper hand. GB3 seemed to be struggling to land some important stuns and our team fight was struggling. Reading then demanded gb3 to share his hero so he can then use it and gb3 can use readings hero. I was against this swap and i told gb3 not to do so but still he complied and swapped heroes with reading. From then on the game started to go uphill for us. Mainly because 1010 constalty infested ES and we ganked as a team properly with smokes and with echo ults which reading was now playing. YES reading playing ES had a big effect in turning the game around, HOWEVER, it was a team effort and this is not a “cheat” or a hack. This is an in-game function which allows players to control each others units. This rule is only implemented by FBG standards and our inhouse standards where it states on the site that a player can not use another players hero unless proper reasoning. So this should mean that the two players “reading” and “gb3” should serve an appropriate punishment for breaking fbg dota rules. The game being Veto’d entirely makes no sense. Me, 1010 and carlo and as well as reading and gb3 tried our hardest. Even though they swapped heroes, we still played “fairly” in terms of not hacking the game system. Yes reaidng made a bigger impact on a more impactful hero but veto’ing the game feels like the other 3 victorious players are being punished as well. We had nothing to do with it, and to say we are “complicit” isnt entirely fair because we dont have control over grown men. Just because we showed enthusiasm when winning doesnt mean we were promoting the hero swapping, it just means we are happy because we turned the game around so we wont spend time being mad at the fact that reading broke rules. I feel the game should still be posted and stats should be uploaded, it was an hour long action and we struggled for so long making so many plays that lead up to our win. Just ban the rule breakers and let the ones who tried hard get their win. I would understand if a game is veto’d because someone hacked or cheated or abused a bug, or the game glitched, one of these is totally viable but reading swapping heroes with gb3 has nothing to do with anyone else to be fair. he could have done that quietly and no one would find out unless reviewed and by then the game would be long posted, he just likes to brag about it and be cocky. I really played my ass off and recovered from a horrible start and it feels shitty that we didnt get anything from it because of 1 player breaking a rule. This would be equivalent to veto’ing a game because a player on a winning team rage quits, admins can then state that that team would win if said player did not rage quit.. so please can we review what happened and punish those he deserve it, the game was turned around mainly by 5 man coordination, smoke ganks and very well made plays by entire team not just reading. in fact ME AND 1010 were the biggest reasons we won because we were farmed well and owning.

Participant

i got jew’d out of some elo, i know that much

MustardTiger

I’ll start by reiterating the rule just for clarification. “Everyone has to play their assigned hero (you cannot share control with allies and have them control your hero, or vice-versa, except in certain situations – such as lag, emergencies)”. What happened obviously doesn’t fit within the acceptable times to play another player’s hero and that has been dealt with with warnings and a ban, which it seems we can all agree with considering you stated it yourself in your post. Yes it is an in game function, but that does not mean it acceptable to do or negate the fact that it is against the rules of the community. Using that logic the in game function to leave the game exists, but it is against the rules and is punished appropriately. The difference between a ragequit and what happened here is that a ragequit is entirely one player’s decision so only one player is punished. If the team coordinated to have a player ragequit specifically to benefit from leaver gold or items the game would be vetoed as well. The hero swap was against the rules and had high impact on the outcome of the game, which was admitted by you and allchatted excessively by reading. This like you said was a team effort hence the warnings to clarify the rule to you all and the ban for the player who forced the situation. We vetoed the game because we are not going to reward that kind of team behavior nor punish the team that played without breaking any rules.

Processing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The topic ‘Game Veto’d because of reading’ is closed to new replies.
        Donate
        Clan FBG Events
        May 2024
        M T W T F S S