LTD Quarantournament – Info

First Blood Gaming Forums First Blood Gaming Tournaments Legion TD Archive LTD Quarantournament – Info

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jamo
    Participant

Hanging out at home playing LTD all day as usual? Ehh, I mean because of quarantaine? Well, then sign up here and fight fucking Corona!

Here you can find all the information that you need. Please familiarize yourself with everything so that we can have a smooth tournament!

Date of the tournament:
      Sat & Sun, 04.-05.04.2020, 4 pm (timezone GMT+2)

Useful Links:
      Tournament Standings & Matchups: https://challonge.com/de/p4ewymq3
      Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/fAAG43c
      Rules: LTD Quarantournament – Rules

Map to be played: Legion TD Mega 3.44e (download “legion_td_3.44e.w3x” here)
      Mode: -phgmcbnm (default mode if you do not type anything!)

Communication:
      Most of the communication during the tournament will happen on FBG’s Discord server(click here to join)! We have separate Tournament channels. If you do not see the tournament channels on the FBG server, send a message to Hyo, Anda, RedRum or me to give you access.
      We will communicate infos, news, schedules etc here. Discord is mandatory for each team’s captain and co-captain! They should also be in the channels 15 minutes before the tournament starts!
      Hosting games etc will also be coordinated by the (co-)captains via Discord!

Hosting:
      The team that is listed first in the challonge match-up should host the game by default. Players can agree on another host due to the shitty Bnet situation.
      You can download the proper map from above.
      The gamename will be “Tour” + the number of the match in challonge (tiny number in front), e.g. Tour3, Tour 8 etc.

Observers are only allowed, if all players agree! Tournament organization, FBG moderators and streamers are exceptions to this rule.

The (co-)captain of the winning team will have to report the result in the discord channel! and upload the replay in the proper channel, too!

Rules in game:
      We will use the LTD inhouse league rules!
      Please refer to: LTD Tournament #1 – Rules

Punishments for breaking the rules will be looked at case-by-case. Auto-loss, disqualification or replaying the game are among the possibilities. Serious offenses will also have consequences outside of the tournament (map hacking, ghosting, etc).

Draw & Leave/Disconnect:
      Due to time-constraints and lacking the ability to discriminate accidental drops from disconnects on purpose, there will be no draw for games! If a player drops in an early level and the opponent team agrees to rehost, that is fine but not mandatory!
      If however, the map or Bnet crashes and all players drop, the game has to be replayed.

Tournament form:
      I actually would like your opinion on that. I plan on playing a different mode this time to have some variety.
      My suggestion: Round Robin mode
      This mode does not depend on the actual amount of teams we have, which is nice! In this mode, there would be no KO stage. Every team plays every other team! A game would consist of 2 matches (NOT bo3 or so). So a game can actually end 1-1, 2-0 or 0-2. While we play, this will create a ranking. After all combinations have been played, a final will be played between rank #1 and rank #2. The final will be best of 5, but with team ranked #1 getting 1 win advantage!

What do you think of this?

If we get enough teams, then my suggestions would be double elimination mode. We used to play this on ENT as well. But we need enough teams for this…

Prizes:
      Honor & Glory!
      Isn’t that nice? On top of that, I guess there will be Discord ranks again for the winners.

Last notes:
      Feel free to give me feedback now that we already played a tournament. My conclusions from that one are:
      – Playing on 1 day is too tough, we should plan for Sat & Sun
      – Probably an inhouse tournament is the best solution, to ensure good quality games for everyone. I suggest old veterans or former LIHLers that are kind of inactive are free to join
      – Each team can consist of 4 – 6 players!

Thanks for reading!
      Have fun!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Jamo.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Jamo.
      • This topic was modified 4 years ago by Jamo.
      • This topic was modified 4 years ago by Jamo.
      Tin
      Participant

i don’t think you’ll have enough teams to make a fun and if we make the tournament in house only. I would suggest having lihl bracket and pub bracket, and pub bracket and lihl bracket can play final games vs each other. This avoids the pub teams getting insta eliminated. (we can count the lihl tourney winner from the lihl bracket finals).

Jamo
        Participant

While I like that idea, I think there will never be enough pub teams signing up. especially on such short notice. We had 2 teams last time and those were basically also FBG members. So, it would be nice to have two brackets, but realistically it is also just not happening I fear…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The topic ‘LTD Quarantournament – Info’ is closed to new replies.
        Donate
        Clan FBG Events
        May 2024
        M T W T F S S