RebelofCarnage – Vouce request

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    RebelofCarnage
    Participant

Hi,

Not sure anyone here will know me, I’m a South African playing from China. 200 ping to EU and US. I’ve been playing since 2009 with some breaks in between. I played in South African in-house leagues. I was ranked second in the country for 3 consecutive years. My discord name is also RebelofCarnage. Recently I’ve only been playing on b.net. I win around 80%+ of my games. Today I matched with “Kappa” who introduced me to the League. I have attached a screenshot of our game together.

Please consider my application.

Attachments:
      Morning
      Participant

Hi RebelofCarnage,

Is there an entire game replay you could attach of one of your games rather than a screenshot? That would help us to get a better picture of your overall strength of play. Its hard to gauge support or not without a couple of game replays.

RebelofCarnage
        Participant

Attached the replay

Attachments:
          Morning
          Participant

Reviewed the replay,

You started WC on 1 when u had a free roll. You then rr later on into better units.
            You should rr on 1 if you have pure trash as you said. You can drop stuff then roll. Your placement and builds per level also seem a bit poor. You decide to add ywd+wanderer on 3 then an upped banshee on 4 after u rr into necro ea tribe. You then ob for 7 hold with a build that would have leaked to furmit. You continue to ob through 10. 6/1 on 10 is untolerable. (Upgrading wanderer -> Soul of hero for some reason)
            Overall based on this reply seems like you have a long way to go.

RebelofCarnage
            Participant

What do you mean I ob on 7 with a build that would leak 7? If a hermit was added, then I’d leak 2-4 units at best, purple would hold hard and we wouldn’t lose a heal. If I added more wisps instead, I cant play holder that game and lose out on 50+ gold in kills. I overbuilt through 10, to hold 10. I was 7/3 at the end of 10, playing holder for the game, how is that intolerable? Purple had Krogoth so he covered me on 12, from there on I didn’t leak a single level. Look how big was my 21 hold, but my build and placement is poor?

Also constructive criticism is appreciated, but you only told me to -rr on level 1. I’ve rolled much worse than what I had, so I didn’t consider it. You tell me which units I played that were “bad” but you don’t tell me how I should have spent the gold otherwise on a different unit.

ReDRuM
              Participant

I did review your replay too:

Your roll: specter, wanderer, gate, ywd, appa, wc – starting wc
                Your teammates: cyborg with sentry, nm, fyling with bf

Your roll is pretty useless, you needed reroll on 1. But you started wc and push 3/0 for 2. For 3 you add ywd and wanderer and leak 12 creeps with a wyv send. If you really play this roll you needed to play 2/0 and gate+ywd. At the end of level 3 you push a wisp really late. Seems for me like you don’t have a real gameplan. For level 4 you add an upped specter which you didn’t need since you hold 4 already. If you wanted to hold you needed to stay and add another wc on 5. After placing the specter you re roll into EA, alpha, necro. Now you have plenty of options when you want to hold 7. Keeping that upped specter was a mistake. For 5 you add a necro and a tribe, up necrolyte on 6 and alpha + unupped necro for 7. You are 1215 value with no real holding ability. You go mid with your necrolyte vs a furb only. Any other bigger send you won’t go mid. For 10 you stay 6/1 which is way too low, you up your wanderer to soul of hero, up your specter to mercuial. You should have pushed at least 7/2, get a ghost, up your wanderer to soul of villain to hold level 10.

I stopped watching here, overall this was poorly played.

I have to deny this vouch request since you clearly lack some knowledge about push timings and unit mixes.

I can invite you to the lihl candidate role, so you can observe some games re apply with new replays when you improved.

Best
                ReDRuM

RebelofCarnage
                Participant

Look, it’s not like I have saved replays of my games. This is literally the last game I played and I thought it’s perfect because of the obscure roll. If I rolled aqua, EA, ygg, it’ll just be like watching any other static gameplay until around 10 to level 12. There’d be no difference from mine or yours. That’ll be pointless but you’d think “it’s good gameplay”. So I send in the game where I get this “trash”, still go with it, because it could be worse, and then the critique is still mind-boggling. I made the wisp late in level 3 because I needed to see how much I leak to see if I can afford it. I kept the upped banshee because I made some quick maths for 7 to what I could and can’t have if I keep or sell it. Keeping her gave me the best hold. I went mid 7, I went mid 10, I went mid 17 & 21 against massive sends. Yet you’re still saying “if this or if that”. It didn’t happen. How about you critique what actually happens in a game and not a what if.

You could hypothetically play ygg and go for the double ygg strat level 3. and I could say, “what if you got dino level 2?”. etc

If my only real mistake was not pushing a bit harder after 9, then I’ll accept it. Though I believe I’d leak if I went any other route, so I chose the safe route, and got all the gold – went 7/3. So 60 seconds of 7/2 compared to 6/1 wood is what I lost. Well done on your analysis, I couldn’t add another dino on level 12 and make 7 more income.

thegreatMOAMOA
                  Participant

A bad play is a bad play, no matter if the result is good or not since this game is based on rng.
                    For example if you reroll aqua lvl 1 and get lod necro, this is bad play.
                    You can always reroll worse but you need to play the odds and this roll needs to be rerolled lvl 1, not a single player in LIHL would keep it.

RebelofCarnage
                    Participant

I strongly agree that it was a terrible role and warranted a reroll, but like I said, I felt like I could play it.

Even with this roll (and eventual re-roll) I was the only player to hold 17 & 21 demon/kraken/warlock/auras, and I didn’t just hold, I was MASSIVE mid. How many times do you see an optimal roll such as ea and aqua hold on 17 or 21 against those sends? never. Dead weight.

Also I sent this replay in because it was the last game I played, I never save any games, I had nothing else to submit and wanted to start playing in ihl asap. I couldn’t fathom that it’s not good enough. Outside of my game-play, watch the calls I made between 15 and 21. I made all the right calls that lead to the win.

Morning
                      Participant

I suggest uploading another replay if you are this confident in your skills. But just by immediately observing everything from your gameplay, there is a huge lack of knowledge to play at the lihl level.

epicdeath
                        Participant

I think a lot of the issue here stems from our ‘meta’. More or less everyone playing actively in LIHL transitioned from a hosting service called ENT. The meta that developed there sees the majority of players push lumber while a fewer number (sometimes none) overbuild early game (obviously it differs game to game but this is the scaffold). So in our meta/playstyle overbuilding hard with a lane that would leak units to a small send would be extremely harmful to the team. 1215 value I’m assuming you were around 4/1 so you provide very little in the way of send pressure and you’re also not particularly useful holding in mid.

If I were reviewing your vrq I’d make the same decision, players that are used to the same meta and who have ‘LIHL level’ skill (not saying you don’t) take time to transition into a new playerbase with the niches of calling, player tendancies, advice ect but for a player who would, from what mods have seen, relearn the ‘correct’ way to play LTD to have any hope of being at an acceptable standard is not vouch-worthy.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by epicdeath.
                          RebelofCarnage
                          Participant

I uploaded a new vouch request with a new replay.

I know exactly how everyone plays in ihl. I’ve watched enough games.
                            I’m not saying I was playing the correct way in general, but I was playing the correct way that this game was going. It’s a public game, I can’t choose my opponents. I don’t have ENT or warcraft 1.30.

If in this game I pushed to something significant send wise, I’ll be a dead player because of general over building and non-pushing in public games. So there are very few leaked rounds if any, so pushing would give me no advantage. Where in a normal high skill game there are normally leaks all round and everyone takes advantage from pushing. In a public game, it is MUCH less significant. For other reasons, if I’m the only one hard pushing then I’m also the only player hard sending, which is pretty much useless. I play these public games to win them, and by doing this play-style in this game, I had a HARD hold on 17 and 21. I could not have played this specific game much better than I did.

I will by no way play this way with 7 other equally or better skilled players.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The topic ‘RebelofCarnage – Vouce request’ is closed to new replies.
                          Donate
                          Clan FBG Events
                          May 2024
                          M T W T F S S