!Sign war in BNet

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ReDRuM
    Participant

Hello,

since hostbots can’t pull data out of BNet, everyone can !sign during he/she is ingame. Might get to conflicts. So here is a poll to see how you think about it.

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Kappa.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Kappa.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by ReDRuM.
      Jamo
      Participant

I think the situation will probably lead to quite some frustration. But what I completely dislike is that winning team would be allowed to sign first. First of all, I do not see any reasoning for that, it is just another reward for winning team but imo unnecessary. And then more complicated rules also make it even more flawful. Let’s say only 2 of winning team want to play next game at all. They sign, others don’t. One of them says in Disc he doesn’t want to. Other just went straight offline or something. Then what? We have to wait for response until we can sign? I think, I wouldn’t like that rule.

I do not see a good solution for this either. I fear we just have to rely on common sense here and forbid signing before game ended. If someone clearly does it, should still be punishable.

Best,
        Jamo

ReDRuM
        Participant

Kappa implemented a !roll function in #lihl-queue channel. Rolling for spots is another option that just came in my mind

Jamo
          Participant

Might bea better idea, yes

epicdeath
            Participant

Personally wouldnt support implementing a rule about this unless it clearly becomes necessary, people got used to signing after game ends on disc so hopefully everyone continues to sign fairly, if not then guess u gotta do sth about it

Meshtar
              Participant

Can’t rely on common sense here, knowing how lihlers act. When is it that game ends? When its obvious? When king dies? When text shows You Win, or You lose? Since there is no bot function to prevent people from signing before game ends, who is going to pay attention if someone signed a few seconds before to gain the spot or not? Its going to lead to way to much abuse and argument left just to common sense and “fairness”. Winners getting spots first would work only partially, since you can never know that you will have at least 4 free spots in queue, so who among winners gets them then? Same thing goes if there is more than 4 spots, who among losers gets to sign for those few spots? Those who typed !sign first? How can you know if they waited for king death or not? My suggestion is to implement via discord bot an option that those in game can’t sign until game is declared ended by typing something like !end lihl10. Like a flag that each player will have that is set to “false” every time discord bot creates a game with them in it. Game creator’s responsibility would be to wait till king dies to actually type that and only then can the players from that game sign for the new one, because !end lihl10 would set their player flag to “true”. In absence of a game bot, its the best solution in my opinion, not a perfect one, but not a bad one either. Everything else just screams of abuse.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Meshtar.
                Jamo
                Participant

I like that suggestion. Then we could even use the !rg command in a reliable way!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Donate
                Clan FBG Events
                May 2024
                M T W T F S S