unban please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rocknroll
    Participant

I got a 2 day ban for not selling my towers.

the rule I broke was:
      After Level 3:

– The game should be paused and both teams should discuss whether the game should be drawn. The two highest elo players (‘Team Captains’) on each team have the responsibility of making the final decision together on whether the game should be drawn, played on, or a win conceded by one team via selling. Where there is no consensus, the game will be drawn. The intent of this rule is to allow players to concede a win via sportsmanship where the game is clearly lost instead of having games automatically drawn

I attempted to explain to captain after pause he is strongest lane and shouldn’t sell that enemy has no hold 10 and that we can try race. I do agree the chances of winning the race were close to nil (after i saw replay) though and i respect his decision to sell (in game we have no way of knowing they send 8k, all we see is the scout and that they have no good hold for 10) . I am asking for unban because I didnt know it was mandatory for team to follow sell order. The wording of the rule does not make clear that team has to sell. perhaps this rule was changed recently and I was not aware that it is mandatory . My issue with captain was he was trolling his team prior to this decision. when asked on level 8 if he will build butcher the only anti 10 unit in his roll he responds with – sign meaning no, considering that he was fattest lane and there was no dc yet, why is he trolling team? then he says “is sure fun to see the rage unfold” both comments seem to me a retaliation against speedy flaming him, so I do not think he was acting responsibly as a captain which would violate this rule.

incidentally, I noticed Para didnt get a ban for not selling so thats another questionable decision by admin here. why are me and speedy only 2 getting banned? Sorry Para, nothing against you here just wanted to point out the inconsistency on admin part.

my afterthoughts on this rule, we have all played games where we get rekt on early level or we rekt other team on multiple early levels. though at a disadvantage game is not necessarily lose in this situations. I remember more then a few games (at least 8-10) where we get rekt early and team wants to sell. I argue we should not sell and we continue to play and end up winning. imagine if, everytime time captain is pissed about something and says order to sell after 50 leaks level 3, -2 heals ….because he dont like something and wants to retaliate against team , what would be the outcome of this. games would suck because the best games happen despite being rekt early you somehow come back to win. so this rule scares me a little in that those games get forced to forfeit if suddenly captain feels like game didnt go according to plan.

Perhaps there is no solution and we can hope captains will behave responsibly and team will honor sell decisions. It is not humanly possible for anyone to predict he future , and it is too easy to thinking about losing when you are behind in a game. Just need everyone to remember the best games happen when it seems like all is lost and you still keep fighting and have teamwork.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by rocknroll.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Hyo.
      Attachments:
      TheElfShadow
      Participant

Hello Rock, I was the other admin who worked on this with Simon, I will ask another admin to review your case.

rocknroll
        Participant

well i thought about this and there is no reason to unban me tbh. the game was a clear sell and I denied it, and rethinking about the rule it makes sense, if captain have power over draw they also have power over sell in cases of dc.

so I just ask for unban because this was a new situation for me, 3ppl on team not wanting sell and captain wanted sell with zero team disscussion. was not clear before but now seems the rule is clear we have to follow captain order on draw and sell in cases of dc.

so 2 days seems harsh for new rule break for me on this issue. please reduce ban

Hyo

Approved

Processing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The topic ‘unban please’ is closed to new replies.
          Donate
          Clan FBG Events
          May 2024
          M T W T F S S