Vouch Request Victian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TheVictian
    Participant

Previous league or in-house experience: I used to play in quite a few In-house league back in the day when I was playing Data on a high level.

Discord account: Victian

BattleTag on Bnet: Victian

LIHL players who might know you or that you are acquainted with: Sebass, H, Wezygoopie, Viruskill. I ve played with a lot more in Fbg of course, but I m not sure how much attention they ve paid to me.

Additional information:

1. First I wanna explain why I removed my original request which I posted a couple weeks ago. After paying closer attention to some lihl players and the gameplay on lihl, I got the feeling that it was a bit like some elitist boy club, that is quite defensive about letting anybody in. And I wasn’t sure I wanted t be a part of that, so I deleted the request.
        Since then there has been an announcement addressing exactly this problem and it also contained the claim that this will change. Also I ve been encouraged by some players to apply who thought I would make a good fit to the league.
      2. As some basic Information about me: I ve basically been playing LTD for one Season now (started right at the end of the last one). I started out quite bad and dropped down to 700 Elo. I had a hard time, since I just took everybody’s advice thinking they know better than me. But since I am a quick learner I soon realized that there are lots of ppl giving bullshit advice on FBG and started to trust my own instincts and only asked a few players I trusted for advice. I then started to consistently gain Elo. I ve been in the 1200+ category for over 2 months now I believe, and above 1300 Elo for about 1 month now.
      3. Why I think I should be granted trialship: As I Said I ve been playing FBG for only a couple of months and my skill is already well above the average FBG player. I am a quick learner and generally ver interested in understanding the workings of a complicated skill and rng based game like LTD. I like to try things out for myself and like to experiment with things trying to push the limits or trying to break meta by thinking out of the box. So I mainly think the reason why I should be accepted is not for my actual skill level I have right now, but for the massive potential I have as a player. With some patience or even coaching by some senior lihl players I m sure I would become at least an average lihl player quite quickly. Also I ve recently become a FBG mentor, which should also speak a little bit of my ability.

4. My Strengths: I m a teamplayer, I don’t have ego issues, I know all the standard builds, I have a good intuition when mixing yolo builds to maximize push, I am a very quick learner so I don’t repeat mistakes very often.

5. My weaknesses: I sometimes have strong opinions and can be quite annoying to argue with, I sometimes overestimate my own ability/knowledge, lack of experience (mainly making deadfalls work out decently is an issue), I m sometimes too afraid of maxing out my push (I think that’s a typical fbg thing, since you just can trust some of your teammates here).

Some replays so we can analyse your current skill level:

I deliberatly chose replays that don’t show picture perfect games, since I don’t think they are very representative. I think these replays do show that I have the basics figured out quite well. It also shows that there are some insecurities in my decision making when I m not playing standard or when I have to adapt to certain situations.

I hope this wasn’t too much text and all, but the announcement stated that we re supposed to put them effort into the application, so I hope this is what you wanted to see 😀

root
      Participant

Game 1 – https://wc3stats.com/games/250144

Your roll is https://i.imgur.com/sZqx3Mw.png you play 3 sprites, i would have done ghoul for sure, can add a sprite to the ghoul if you really worry about warriors. East leak 50 to king when you send warriors.

You add a small ghoul for 2. Your teams 2/0 lane does some pepega build and leaks half his wave so your team leaks 59 to king on level 2.

You add polar for 3 keeping ghoul unupped. You push 7/1 during 3 and give up 5 going 7/3. You get a magna for 6 and then push 7/5 for 7. You reroll and get https://i.imgur.com/eD0kYks.png

You stay 7/5 and build rest, you are fat now with good roll for midgame. You damage a boss on 10 and clear your sends, your team leaks 11 bosses to king. East eats all bosses in mid and keep 3 heals, your team burns last heal.

Both teams send level 17 and live. You go mid with your neotank backline. East burns second heal. You fail send level 24 and die on 27.

Conclusion: I don’t like your 3 sprite start, ghoul is just gonna be a better setup for later. You do successfully transition from giving up level 5 into being mid on send levels midgame which is great. I rate this game 6/10.
        Game 2 – https://wc3stats.com/games/237758

Your roll is https://i.imgur.com/3IBqz0Q.png and you play sg+dm, you go king on 1 and add a dm for 2 and rifleman for 3. East sends on 3 and you go mid, mucho lucky they didnt kill you on 2.

You get a hydra for 5. You stay 3/1 for 7 getting second sg and 2 more rifles. You go mid on 7.

You go mid on 10. They send 14 you go mid and live with 2k hp. You send 15 and win.

Conclusion: You build sg+dm and enemy let you survive level 2 you then proceed to ob every level with unbreakable roll. I don’t think you did much wrong here but this is just lottery of not getting your sg kill speed read and going mid on 3. If east sends any other level you will have problems. I rate this game 5/10
        Game 3 – https://wc3stats.com/games/250168

Your roll is https://i.imgur.com/YSagvug.png you start disciple. Someone on your team solo sends warrior and someone else is building moon guard + dm instead of disciple, great start to the game.

You push 4/1 during level 2 adding rats. You do 350 build with rats in line with the disciple and free leak 11 creeps. You are joined by orange free leaking 20 creeps and moonguard player eats in middle.

You add a sprite for 4 staying 5/1. You risk level 5 and your team leaks 50 to king.

You add some rat value for 5 and tempest for 6. 630 value on 6. You go 7/4 during level 7

You 7/7 for 10.

You stay /7 and build up 3400 value for 15.

You send level 15 and west skips, they die.

Conclusion: You have disc lane with good adds, you decide to risk for level 3 on pink spot and get punished by bad missiles. You then overbuild level 4, risk 5 and overbuild 6 with low push. It is a bit painful to skip jacks to send more on 6 and then just full push after the send anyway. I rate this game 5/10
        Game 4 – https://wc3stats.com/games/250038

Your roll is https://i.imgur.com/5KOZzCx.png and you drop 2 eggs and 6 acolytes. You rr and get https://i.imgur.com/7NsszAj.png as your new roll. You keep an egg and stay 2/0 on 1. This makes no sense to me, you have mw and gnoll adds for your disc and you sacrifice early 3/0 to potentially get fed already on 50 rr with no carry units.

West sends warrior and you eat 30 units in mid on 1 with your full pushing roll. You send level 2 and push 7/1 during 2. West leak 50 to king. You add mw for 3 and push 7/2. You stay 320 value for 4 and push 7/3.

You add second disciple for 5 and push 7/4 during 5. Your team sends level 5 and takes one heal. You add a geomancer for 6, this is basically 40 gold deletion, 2 gnolls is probably better.

West sends level 6 and you push 7/5 during the level. You add a disc for 7 and up your mw for 800 value. Both teams send. Pushing one more jack was definitely the play. You stay /5 for 8 adding a meliai in front of your disciples. You push 7/7 for 10 and build for a total of 1485 value. Your setup includes two meliai and a halfbreed.

Both teams go straight 17 and you win the reroll lottery getting mutant and toks and you go mid.

Conclusion: Your 2/0 on 1 was a bad idea, going mid and taking all those creeps hurts your other lanes and you use this feed to full push anyway. Your decision to full build for 7 was not great since you cannot reasonably expect to get a free hold, having 7/6 during all of level 7 is big. You then have the option to give up level 8 and be 7/7 during 8 already. This will maximize your lumber for level 10 and you get fat anyway. Being 1500 value on 10 and leaking 3 almost full bosses does very little for your team. Meliai in front of the disciples and then a second meliai for 10 is not ideal. Better get ranger army. If not for your lottery reroll for midgame you can not mid on level 17 so having more push earlier is certainly desirable. I rate this game 4/10

RANDOM REPLAY 1:

roll:

parasite, dwarf f , wagon , mermaid , halfbreed ,priest

your team: lod, para apprentice

monk, rat

disc, tok

you start wagon:

i don’t like this play, dwarf fighter with parasite is one of the strongest 1-3 things you can do with insane push and you dont rip any early level till 5

you add 2 wagons for level 2

you are 6 wagons for level 3 – you will already have issues holding level 5 like this

enemy eat your 3 send – you full push and add merm on level 5 – 0 chance of holding or doing good

leaking 15 birds you are already dead – wanting to keep a trap roll i guess for dp

if you started dwarf, you rip 5 but you will do good level 6 with parasited dwarves

you full push since you are rip – good decision

enemy send big level 7 – and your dead is cemented onlevel 8

you added war machine and another wagon – at this point you havent taken your reroll and have 0 chance of doing anything with keeping your dp

you die on level 10

i rate this replay 2/10

RANDOM REPLAY 2

Roll: para,sader ,hr apprentice , appa , minotaur

You place: 2 novice and go crusader – keep the roll

your team gets warred and you get omega fucked – same does enemy

you eat their resend 2 and full push – good

you add apprentince on 4 with para and rr – good placement and decision

you hold 5 with 580 after adding 2 small spider- good decision on 4 to push and add small – you also get kinggold from 5 and are now 7/3

you cancel jack – sell spider to add disc only to add the spider back and upgrade another 1 – i dont like this decision you would leak
        rather small on 6 and could feed your clock ts lane with decent bounty – you dont push 7/4 but upgrade 2 spiders

would have liked to see 7/4 as your only job this game is to provide lumber and you have 2 fat lanes with good push

you upgrade your apprentince on 8 and do good and push.

but then you take a 5 and add a cannon – if you wanted to do stuff because you are -4 should have just kept the spiders

at this point you are 100% a lumber bitch but try with a cannon for10

you end up doing really good dmg but you have a very low push team for a chaos game

you could have had a way better send if you pushed more – but good decisions until level 6

7/10

you should in general work on your push timings and roll in the team-

the random replay 1 shows me you dont have a plan for crucial levels where trap yolos usually die. while also never taking your reroll to adapt to level 5-6-8.

2 disc replays that were mediocre and a hydra ob replay also doenst show alot of skill –

your crusader game showed alot of clever decisions – work on that.

what is most crucial in lihl is that no roll comes as a surprise and you can adapt.

you are very welcome to reapply in 3-4 weeks with replays showing this or other stuff
        – LIHL admin team

(review done by mostly egill and me doing the random replays)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The topic ‘Vouch Request Victian’ is closed to new replies.
      Donate
      Clan FBG Events
      May 2024
      M T W T F S S