Perma unvouch Elder from LIHL [DISCUSSION]

First Blood Gaming Forums Leagues Legion Tower Defense Legion TD Inhouse League (LIHL) Ban Requests Processed Requests Perma unvouch Elder from LIHL [DISCUSSION]

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Tin
    Participant

https://wc3stats.com/games/263909/chat

Link to the chat for this replay.

this was said with 10 seconds left before lv 2 starts
      03:52 Allies xqs then inti cover 2 at least?
      03:57 Allies xqs or we all risking now

04:25 Allies xqs bm on 2
      04:28 Allies xqs what a waste
      04:30 Allies xqs he had mass ents

04:38 Allies WStreet bro u call warr
      04:43 Allies WStreet and put us to this mess

04:47 Allies xqs im not your bro
      04:50 Allies xqs u do fken dm
      04:57 Allies xqs go sell?

05:00 Allies WStreet no

05:00 Allies xqs fuck off inti

05:01 Allies TinSoldier man
      05:02 Allies WStreet now play
      05:03 Allies TinSoldier lmao
      05:05 Allies Ace_of_Spades we can win this
      05:10 Allies TinSoldier how can inti even cover 2
      05:14 Allies TinSoldier with that roll
      05:14 Allies xqs not with inti
      05:18 Allies Ace_of_Spades have fought worst warrs and won them
      05:20 Allies TinSoldier fuck off eld
      05:24 Allies TinSoldier just play
      05:27 Allies TinSoldier and stay quiet
      05:32 Allies xqs ace even calling he risk

You can continue reading if you like, but from Lv 2 onwards this game was just toxic and unplayable. The whole game eld just forced his calls and did whatever he wanted regardless of what team says.

This is a rinse and repeat pattern of the shit he does.

al6x
      Participant

These last two comments seem to suggest that elder is usually provoked and isnt the instigator. This narrative is new to me so I decided to see for myself if this is the case. Here are the synopsis of his last 4 bans:

ban 1:

no one says anything to elder all game, he decides hes done on level 10 and lets king die.

ban 2:
        elder unhappy with how sdb playing his lane, calls him a noob. sdb calmly points out that elder throws tantrums. elder escalates the toxicity level eventually even reaching racism levels of toxicity

ban 3:
        ok ill give you this one, arguably wolke was first one to instigate, but elder escalated way too far in response, even reaching real life threats.

ban 4:
        elder keeps commenting on achilles lane, achilles gets tired of it and tells elder to stfu, elder escalates with racism again.

So yeah, I just don’t see how it can be claimed that elder is not usually the aggressor. and even in the rare times he isnt the first person to instigate, his responses are way out of proportion.

The glitch abuse bans should not be relevant, was literally a bug where if you selected the king in the first seconds of a game it’d get more hp, no need to try and put lipstick on a pig with those links.

and in response to this, I think you are mistaken and are thinking of a different glitch. that 2nd ent ban was for adjusting king levels mid game while king was taking damage from creeps

Wolke
        Participant

I agree with tin here. Even so Eld3r behaves slightly better in the last days the toxic atmosphare in lihl created by him and others like v1russtyle is a problem.

OccupyW.Street
          Participant

+Support for unvouch

I took a break for some months from LIHL and since I came back I just chose to ignore him. It’s the only way to have a decent game.

The only thing I would miss is all the Jihads, it’s a good way for me (and some others) to farm elo. However i just play for fun atm and busy with other stuff in life and therefore don’t care much.

And yes, eldryanthewise and Drahque was both unvouched due to constant negative behaviour towards the community.

OccupyW.Street
            Participant

And response to MonkeyTown post: “He also believes he is a true lihl veteran and keeps posting stuff that the new generation is full of shame blabla. He keeps getting into fights with everyone saying “why is a nobody speaking up”?”

I have checked old seasons and I could not find him in top 20 in any of the first 17 seasons. And in recent years he was a bot player until some months ago, so better not listen to that bullshit ^^

None of us real veterans can remember him.

Melphis
              Participant

I don’t think this should be an unvouch, Yes Elder can be toxic but so can 50% of the players in Lihl 🙂 Laugh it off and take next game!

Majority of the time I don’t think there is much in it, and I think Eld3r has massively improved his attitude the last 6 months.

I will leave it as always down to the mods to decide but this is my 2 cents.

7years
                Participant

The in-game chat Tin posted is really the perfect example of why eld3r should be unvouched for good. There are literally hundreds of games like that when eld3r is fed up with something and just completely ruins the experience for everyone involved. Most of the time he doesn’t say or do anything that’s bannable, so it doesn’t get reported. The extreme tantrums that he does get reported and banned for repeatedly are really just the tip of the iceberg.

About half a year ago when I was part of the mod team, we were faced with what to do about eld3r after he had a particularly bad streak of reports/bans. It was a pretty close call between perma-unvouch and giving him one last chance. We decided to give him that chance along with a huge ban and under the condition that if he continues with his toxic behavior after his time in jail, he will be removed from the league.

This brings us to this discussion. Even though I haven’t been quite as active lately, I already had a bunch of games with him like the one Tin posted here. It might not be outright bannable behavior, but it’s just such a terrible experience game after game with him that I really don’t see any substantial change in his behavior. He might not technically use as many hardcore flames or racist slurs like he used to, but that doesn’t mean he’s less toxic.

So if that’s how he is acting during his “last chance”, I don’t see how the mod team can justify giving him yet another.

Dorimu

Agree Elder is not the only one at fault.

There are plenty of people that need to pull their heads out of their own asses and own up their own build mistakes(Example: free leaks that are game breaking, or trash OB that fails to hold). If Elder is on the team, he would get heated, cant blame the guy. But I’ve seen many times where the players who make these mistakes will not admit fault and further escalate the tension then Elder is seen to be the only bad guy here which is not true.

I’ve seen Elder admit to sub-optimal play before, unlike some others who always put blame on other factors to justify their decisions.

Basically what GP said sums up my thoughts exactly.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Dorimu.
                    Hyo

While we all can agree that elder can be annoying (and toxic more often than we’d like), his behaviour has improved since the initial times: Lately, and from what i’ve seen in games, the issue with him is plans not going according to plan, he starts blaming, and while he does initiate it (most of the times), some of the people commenting here haven’t exactly been saints either (The recent game Tin posted, is a good example of it: It started with a discussion/blame from Elder to Inti, until Tin jumps in to escalate the situation, instead of the opposite – which leads to Tin muting elder, and being toxic towards him: “retard, jewcum, etc.”, so let’s not pretend eld3r is the only issue at hand).

As i’ve mentioned before, if you’d like actions taken on Eld3r behaviour (and given people mentioned he tk’s, flames, harasses often), finding good examples of it shoulnd’t be hard, yet all i see here are brqs that have been reviewed/processed, and the timing on this ban request doens’t make it any better (given Tin was recently banned for dodging a lobby with eld3r).

tl;dr No actions are going to be taken for now – I’ve recently spoken with eld3r about the whole blame/arguing behaviour, and hope it gets better after this, but do keep in mind, if you keep pushing/provoking him, it takes 2 to dance the tango.

Processing

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • The topic ‘Perma unvouch Elder from LIHL [DISCUSSION]’ is closed to new replies.
                    Donate
                    Clan FBG Events
                    May 2024
                    M T W T F S S